Hi Dr. Sher,

I was diagnosed with endometriosis and 2 ovarian endometriomas 2yrs ago after I started having aching in my left pelvis.

I’ve been reading PubMed and NIH articles and I’m searching for a doctor who can do the catheter-directed sclerotherapy treatment. So far, I haven’t found anyone who can do it, nor do they know of another doctor who can.

I’m wondering if you offer this treatment, or if you could point me in the direction of someone who does?

My main reasons for searching for this treatment are its efficacy, it’s doesn’t require full sedation, I don’t want surgery so that is a last resort option, and the catheter method can treat larger endometriomas (it’s my understanding the needle sclerotherapy approach can only be done in small ones).

I don’t have updated scans yet, but I’m a very petite person and I can see the cyst when I lay down. It extends from just above my pubic bone up to my belly button level, so it’s probably around 5-6 inches long, and around 3 inches wide. (Yes, I understand this is very large)

I’ve reached the point with pain and discomfort levels that I would like help, but I’d like to begin with the least invasive options first. I know this method is newer (2018) but it sounds incredibly successful so far from the studies and articles.

Is this something you can help me with?

Thank you for taking the time to read my message and respond.